On Site + Virtual APK 5K Ruck + Run
October 29, 2022 @ 12:00 am - November 5, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
This time it’s personal! As in…in person! It’s both an in person and virtual 5K Ruck & Run!
From Saturday, October 29 through Saturday, November 5, 2022, people from around CT and across the US will run, walk and ruck with us — either at the Guilford Fairgrounds — or, on their time, at their pace, and in their location. Because we want you to be safe, the 9th Annual APK 5K Ruck & Run is both in person and virtual.
APK 5K Ruck & Run Your Way
“Your way” means you choose! Head out on the open road, on a trail, or on your treadmill. We may be running, walking and rucking apart, but we’re doing this together. Here’s how:
- Sign up
- Choose your event:
Runners and Walkers – OR – Ruckers*
- Find a route that’s 5k long and run it, walk it, or ruck it. You can even break it up and complete it over time – so long as you complete it by Nov. 5, 2021.
- Record your time and post it on the registration website.
- Get your APK signature long-sleeved t-shirt and APK Charities Challenge Coin mailed to you post-race.
- FEEL GREAT knowing you’ve helped CT Veterans and their families in need.
* Ruckers – Fill your rucksack with non-perishable food items. Complete a 5K ruck, then bring your canned goods to a local food pantry, church, synagogue, or non-profit. OR skip the canned goods donation. Make a donation to The APK Direct Assistance Program instead.
We recommend pack weights of:
10 lbs. for participants up to 150 lbs.
20 lbs. for participants over 150 lbs.
Sign up before October 16, 2022 to qualify for the early bird $30 registration fee. After October 16th, the fee is $35.
Don’t miss the pre- and post-race fun!
“Friend” us on Facebook and really be part of our team. There’ll be a chance to share photos of your APK 5K Run & Ruck experience. Motivate others and let the excitement fuel you.
Not a 5K Rucker or Runner, but want to help?
Become a $250 or more sponsor and get your name on the back of every t-shirt. Or make a donation to our APK Charities General Fund.
Due to the pandemic, there will be no Kids Fun Run this year. We hope to see you all next year.